Benefits Analyst - Midland Office
Job Title: Benefits Analyst
Department: Employee Benefits
The Benefits Analyst position is a vital contributor to the client services team.This position reports to the Head of Office and is located in our Midland office.
- Utilize agency management systems to conduct data entry
- Enter client data into ImageRight and Benefit Point to complete following:
- Sold Case Sheet,
- Prospect/opportunity Report
- Update Client Rates and Plans tab with final agreed information within 5 workdays of client acceptance of renewal or new business presentation
- Provide support for Account Manager through duties and responsibilities listed this Job Description and Benefits Timeline.
- Research and answer questions regarding benefit plans, claims and billings for client, update Brokerage Builder activities and adhere to the Benefits Timeline
- Assist bSwift team with set-up of client web site as directed by Benefits Operations Manager.
- Maintain on-line client binder as per department guidelines
- Manage workflows as per activities created as per Benefit Timeline
- Request for Proposal (RFP) – Create and release to Carriers by due date as per Benefit Timeline
- Create and maintain marketing binder as per Department Guidelines and Benefit Timeline
- Follow up with carriers to insure they have everything needed to quote, submit any missing information, review quotes as they are received to insure they are correct and received by the deadline as per RFP timelines.
- Spreadsheets – Prepare and review for accuracy as per Department Guidelines and Benefit Timeline.
- Formal Proposal –Finalize and review for accuracy spreadsheets and any other materials that are to be included in the Formal Proposal.Preparation for the Formal Proposal can include copying, printing and binding or materials necessary for creating the formal proposal.
- Prepare and develop communication booklets as per Department Guidelines and Benefit Timeline.
- Enrollment Meetings – Conduct enrollment meetings as necessary
- Sold Case Sheet – Prepare and submit to Accounting and Department Personnel by effective date of policy or upon receiving Broker of Record (BOR).
- ICAF/Milliman/DMW – Gather Data necessary and submit to carriers. Compile information for Account Executive/Sr. Account Executive as per Department Guidelines and Benefit Timeline.
- Aggregate Reports – Upon request of Account Manager, create the aggregate report that MMA uses in their analysis to the client.
- Initiate stewardship report from workflows and activities in Brokerage Builder.
- Medicare Part D - Submit Medicare Part D disclosure letters to client as per Benefit Timeline
- Schedule A’s – Compile Data from Carriers and submit Schedule A’s to client as per Department Guidelines and Benefit Timeline
- Annual Notices – Prepare Annual Notices for Mail/E-mail/Distribution and request processing date from Account Manager to ensure annual distribution as appropriate.
- Expand Technical skill set by participating in technical skill development.
- Complete Bisys Correspondence courses for major lines of business (i.e., Health Concepts, Life Concepts, Disability Income Insurance, Group Insurance, and Health Savings Account).
- Initiate participation in the GBA certification.
- Participation in the EBIA Webinars for 12 hours of CE. The goal is attendance in all sessions.
- Provide support to AE or Account Manager as directed.
- Education:College Degree Preferred
- Have or can obtain Group 1 License within 14 days of hire
- 12 to 18 months insurance industry experience or comparable customer service experience required
- Bilingual Spanish a major plus
- Ideal candidate has been performing significant portion of above noted tasks or similar activities for 24-36 months.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, possess basic word processing and spreadsheet computer skills.
- Ability to demonstrate cooperation and effective communication with clients, vendors and internally with co-workers.
- Ability to service our clients effectively through problem solving, appropriate confidentiality, diplomacy, sensitivity and tactfulness.
- Operational knowledge of various windows based application programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and current Internet technologies
- Willing to work overtime due to cyclical nature of business (primarily August thru December).