Commercial Account Executive - D&O
The Commercial Account Executive position is a vital contributor to the client account team.This position reports to the Vice President of Client Services.This position is located in our Dallas office.
- Act as Leader of Account Management Teams and effectively coordinate, manage, monitor and lead Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers, Analysts, Associates and other internal MMA team members and resources in the delivery of benchmark service to clients.
- Coach, mentor, train, and serve as a technical resource to Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers, Analysts, Associates and other team members as requested by the Vice President of Client Services, or the sponsoring Producer/Partner, or as appropriate to the needs of the Account Management Team and/or client.
- Successful performance will be in part evaluated on the growth and development of supporting staff.
- Responsible for all strategies and actions leading to overall customer satisfaction and ongoing client retention.
- Manage and oversee execution and delivery of client calendar/timeline milestones by Account Management Team.
- Regular meetings and other communication with appropriate client contacts to assess, maintain, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and manage the quality of service delivered to the client by MMA team members and carriers/vendors.
- Monitor, manage, and facilitate the resolution by carriers and MMA team members of escalated service issues.
- Participate in and contribute to the marketing process and finalist presentations in order to win new business and retain existing clients.
- Ensure adherence to and completion of Agency workflow/timeline checklists that set minimum service requirements for MMA clients.
- Consult with clients and make strategic Risk Management plan design recommendations based on valid client data and information.Risk Management Plan design recommendations should align with clients’ business strategy, culture, and priorities and should focus on trend management.
- Maintain knowledge and command of MMA services, resources and capabilities, and leverage them appropriately on behalf of clients.
- Presentation offinancial/risk management reports providing data and information pertinent to risk management,plan design recommendations, products/services recommendations, renewal projections/planning, budget planning, etc.
- Developing, maintaining and expanding business relationships with key client decision makers and senior leaders, often C-suite level.
- Regularly present and review plan performance reports and renewal projections.
- Conduct pre-renewal planning meetings.
- Consult with clients and make recommendations for renewal strategies.
- Works with Account Managers to manage renewal bid/marketing strategy and process (Workflow Timeline compliance is Account Manager’s responsibility).
- Deliver renewal presentations.
- Manage ongoing carrier renewal negotiations on clients’ behalf.
- Deliver final renewal recommendations to clients.
- Make recommendations for additional products/services and for expanding broker/consultant services.
- Manage and monitor revenue levels on all clients and work with Producers to develop strategies and actions for negotiation of commissions/fees.
- Work with Account Manager &/or may work with clients to complete renewals and transition into installation/implementation process.
- Participate/Support/Monitor MMA marketing activities and events.
- Represent MMA at conferences, meetings, industry and community events…i.e. Seminars…etc.
- Coordinate marketing process and presentations in order to win new business and retain existing clients.
- Assist producers as needed in all aspects of new business efforts – prospect meetings, RFPs, policy review and analysis, benchmarking
- Provide turn-key new business and renewal marketing services, inclusive of detailed coverage analysis and insurer coverage comparisons.
- Complete continuing education requirements.
- Maintain market competitive knowledge.
- Serve as the agency’s technical resource for management liability.
- Maintain knowledge of carrier’s strengths, weaknesses, products and services.
- Maintain and effectively leverage relationships with underwriters.
- Identify coverage gaps in a client’s insurance program and take corrective action.
- Maintain and update pre-negotiated insurer coverage templates.
- Active participant in MMA Executive Liability Practice Group and MMA Cyber Sales Champions Group.
- Implement national MMA initiatives at regional level (i.e., MMA Cyber - Beazley bulk rating)
- Contribute positively to MMA culture and morale, and exhibit and exemplify MMA core values – integrity, win/win business approach, positive attitude, commitment to excellence, client focus, agency loyalty, support of agency vision/mission/strategies, treat internal teammates and external customers/partners with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert for D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, Crime, K&R, E&O and Cyber Liability.
- Coach, mentor, and train Account Executives, Sr. Account Managers, Account Managers, Analysts, Associates and other team members as requested by the Vice President of Client Services or sponsoring Producer/Partner, or as appropriate to the needs of the Account Management Team and/or clients.
- Meet or exceed and Role Model MMA standards of excellence, including but not limited to:
- Insure timely processing of mail, email, and phone requests on a daily basis.
- Initiate own correspondence with clients.Ensure that items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis.
- Insure maintenance of files and records in an orderly, timely manner and in accordance with agency policy and processes, including effective use of ImageRight and Sagitta.
- Ensure Service Plans Commitments, i.e. Renewal Timeline and Tool Box Services are followed/offered and delivered to Clients so as to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional appearance and image.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures within the MMA employee handbook.
- Adhere to security and compliance requirements, appropriately manage/protect PHI and PII, and protect agency intellectual capital.
- 10 + years Property and Casualty experience preferred, ideally with an agency, and ideally in account management, account executive, and/or sales roles.Experience with a carrier or employer may also be considered.
- Mastery level knowledge of Executive & Professional Liability Lines (D&O/EPL/Fiduciary/Crime/K&R/E&O/Cyber).
- Proven ability to front line underwrite management liability accounts.
- Ability to present new business and renewal presentations to client without Producer involvement (confident, well-spoken and poised individual with a thorough understanding and knowledge of executive & professional liability coverages).
- Proven track record of success in client management, account management, executive level relationship building, negotiations, sales/marketing, renewals, financial reporting & analysis, client consultations, presentations and revenue management.
- Ability to fully manage, renew and retain clients without Producer/Partner involvement.
- High level of organization with strong attention to detail and the ability to set, recognize, and manage multiple priorities and deadlines is essential.
- Applied knowledge and skills in the areas of communication, typing/word processing, and interpersonal relations.
- Accuracy and the ability to execute short and long term goals and to work independently are essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially email, Word, and Excel, and PowerPoint.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Active Texas Property and Casualty License.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please upload your resume in the column to the right or send a resume to: email@example.com.
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.