Commercial Account Executive - Houston office
Commercial Account Executive
The Commercial Account Executive position is a vital contributor to the client account team.This position reports to the Vice President of Client Services.This position is located in our Houston office.
- Performs customer service and account management responsibilities daily, which include resolving issues related to billing, making changes to policies, and responding to policy coverage related questions.
- Receives phone calls from clients and companies and responds to the request.Advises the Producer and/or Sr. Account Executive of any potential issues or questions, as necessary.
- Manages the renewal process through to completion in accordance with agency standards and workflow guidelines.
- In a Producer’s/Account Executive’s absence, maintain positive client relationships and have the ability to analyze situations, make proactive decisions and follow through.
- Assist in design of, or independently design, insurance plan for clients as assigned and directed by agency management.
- Initiate own correspondence with clients.Ensure that these items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis.
- Actively use O-Dash to manage Policies past expiration dates, SIC codes…etc. to manage client data base variables and collections.
- Coordinate, Present and Attend Client Meetings including though not limited to:
- Responsible for visibility with client through occasional lunches and on-sight visits.
- Schedule/Participate in Mid-year and Renewal Meetings –Coordinate Preparation of materials used in these meetings with or w/o Producer as necessary.Teamwork
- Routinely review aged items reports via O-Dash.All past due items over 30 days should be recognized and actions taken to collect or escalate for assistance.
- Process mail and phone requests on daily basis.
- Preparation of binders, certificates, and account summaries (to include premium and loss experience as well as coverage), endorsements, policies, lost policy releases, and account balance status when requested.
- Adhere to ImageRight documentation guidelines.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of policy forms and endorsements with ability to explain detailed coverage provisions to the client.
- Prepare proposals & applications in coordination with producer(s), submitting to appropriate carriers and following up for timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
- Process and follow up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Maintain proper documentation in regards to Account Activity as needed.
- In absence of more senior team members provide direction and guidance to other team members when appropriate.
- Consultative ability to instruct and direct the client.
- Make recommendations for additional products/services and for expanding broker/consultant services as appropriate to meet client service needs.
- Initiate own correspondence with companies.Ensure that these items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis.
- All accounts to have Loss Summaries completed annually.Loss Summary form is to be the primary communication document for ordering Loss Runs.
- Prepare documentation for submissions to carriers.
- Function as primary contact with companies to ensure proper processing of all requests necessary to effectively maintain the client’s insurance program including but not limited to renewals, endorsements……etc.
- Inform Producer of upcoming deadlines and events.
- Consultative ability to instruct and direct the client.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Oversee and monitor follow up with carriers to insure they have everything needed to quote clients’ Insurance program.
- Stay up-to-date on carrier plans and websites.
- Negotiate with carriers on cost and program design.
- Consultative ability to instruct and direct the client, vendors and market contacts.
- Assist in plan recommendations for the client.
- Ability to discuss and if necessary, challenge underwriters as an advocate to our clients.
- Responsible for personally checking all client policies.
- Identify and address coverage gaps or exposure variations for each renewal by comparing policy forms and form dates on each renewal policy and confirming process completion by signing renewal review form for each account and filing in ImageRight.
- Become Subject Matter Expert in area of interest or technical capability and become resource to department providing periodic updates of changes, enhancements, and issues in chosen area.
- Demonstrate satisfactory progress/development in areas identified for attention by the Agency Quality Control program.
- Documented compliance with Renewal Timeline and management of task completion by appropriate team member.
- Demonstrated ability to actively mentor junior account managers or analysts into positions of more responsibility (i.e., recommend and monitor training/development plan so as to achieve predesigned milestones of development).
- Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional attitude in the performance of your job, treat clients, prospects, and agency employees with courtesy and respect, ability to maintain composure at all times, conform to the organizational chart on all personnel matters and contribute to a company team approach toward meeting agency goals and providing excellent client services.
- Represent the agency in a competent, professional manner, appropriate business attire for all client events or meetings unless otherwise advised by the client.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Client Services.
- Work from Home is a privilege not an entitlement.Availability for client meetings takes precedent over WFH.
- Consistently present for work in a timely manner with isolated unscheduled absences.
- Achievement of CIC & CRM or CPCU designations is minimum CE expectation level for CE program.
- Licensed:Texas P&C Agent
- Education:Bachelor’s DegreePreferred
- Minimum of 8- 10 years Account Manager Experience, or 5+ years with CIC & CRM or CPCU (or comparable specialty designation).
- Ability to speak professionally and comfortably in front of others.
- Demonstrate high level of organization and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours by watching e-mail activity and answering important e-mails and calls after hours and on weekend, if necessary.
- Possess operational knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint Publisher and current internet technologies.
- Ability to travel to meet client service needs.
- Ability to service our clients, vendors and co-workers effectively through problem solving, appropriate confidentiality, diplomacy, sensitivity and tactfulness.
- Proven track record of success in client management, account management, executive level relationship building, negotiations, sales/marketing, renewals, financial reporting & analysis, client consultations, presentations, revenue management.
- Demonstrate proactive work style - Does not have to be asked or reminded of tasks. Demonstrates a leadership role in all aspects of job performance both within the office as well as with clients.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please upload your resume the column on the right or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.